Modern system suitable for production of large parts of trucks, buses, construction machinery or agricultural vehicles.
What is poly-DCPD RIM ?
Poly-DCPD is a dicyclopentadiene-based reactive system (DCPD). Promens currently processes a poly-DCPD system with the commercial name Telene, which appears to be optimal for large parts production. It is a technologically elegant system that features a number of excellent utility features.
Key advantages using pDCPD:
- Possibility of manufacturing parts with thicknesses ranging from several units to hundreds of millimeters and a spray mass of up to several tens of kg
- Low polymerization temperature and low pressure principle allow using of low-cost moulds
- High polymer modulus without the use of fillers
- High impact toughness, even at low temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent electrical properties
- Easy to apply
- Absence of internal tension, so called cold connections
Selected material properties of Telene at standard temperature:
|impact resistence izod (at 25°C)||N×m/m||378|